[X-Newbies] take my G5 to France?

Carole Wessel carwesg at aol.com
Fri Dec 1 16:53:18 PST 2006

Bonjour dear Mac friends

I have a Dual 2 GHZ  PowerPC G5 which I bought 2 years ago.
I am planning to move to France this month (for good) and take my
computer (and my Apple Cinema Display) with me.

However, in the USA the AC is 110, in France it's 220.
Can I take the computer and will it work?  without buying a transformer?
What about the Apple Cinema Display?

Don't tell me to buy a new one there, I am going to be arriving with my
computer in my suitcase and will start working right away on my
freelance.

I did call Apple Support, they said it was fine (just had to buy a new
plug), but I had already ask them a similar question this summer for
another computer and they told me the wrong answer – I took my old
(white) E-mac to France, they said it was going to work on the 220v and
it did not...) that's why I need some more help from you guys.

Merci.
Carole