[X-Newbies] Airport Extreme Card for a Tower G5

carwesg at aol.com carwesg at aol.com
Tue Dec 26 13:32:19 PST 2006

Hi team,

Finally in France, the computer worked beautiful and went from 110 to
220 with no problem;  Thanks again for your help on this.

HOWEVER, I installed an Airport extreme Card on my POWER MAC G5 (tower)
and it's not connecting; I figured it was because the livebox was on
the 2nd floor while my MAC was on the 1st floor.  BUT NO : I just put
my MAC next to the livebox and i still don't see the the Wanadoo line
(French equivalent of Verizon).  It  does show the little fan in grey
with the airport card turn on.

I suspect it's because I did not install the card properly. it was
quite hard and I try to look on the manual... it was unclear;  So I
went to the Apple site and the sketches were not much better... Any
idea where I can find some sketches / drawings /explanations on the web
to reinstall the Airport card?

There are 2 holes at the bottom of the airport card to put the antenna
throough, but it doesn't say if it should be in both holes or only in
one. Also, once you put the antenna through the hole, you slide the
card down, and it seems like the wire can't stay in place...

Merci and I hope you guys had a Joyeux Noêl!!
Carole