[X-Newbies] New external hard drive

John McGibney ncicchek at optonline.net
Wed Dec 27 18:17:46 PST 2006

On Dec 27, 2006, at 7:47 PM, Robert Green wrote:

> I have two questions. First of all I am running 10.4.8 and have
> just installed a new western digital my book external hard drive.
> If I want to defragment the internal hard drive using idefrag how
> do I boot from the new drive so that I can defrag it. The second
> question is can I move the itunes library  to the new drive so that
> itunes recognizes where it is. The library is currently about 19 GB.

1. Macs aren't bootable from USB drives.
2. You can move your iTunes to any location or drive. Create a new
folder, then launch iTunes and select the new folder in iTunes
preferences. Let iTunes copy your old library's contents to the new
folder and your playlists will remain intact.

John

--
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.