[X-Newbies] Problems with audio reception

Keith MILLS 4.oiseaux at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 3 05:03:14 PST 2006

On 31 janv. 06, at 15:52, Tony Johansen wrote:

> On 31/1/2006 9:34 PM, "Keith MILLS" <4.oiseaux at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>> Premiumtv suggested that I ask my ISP (Wanadoo) why I cannot stream
>> from their sites. Eight days later I have received a reply. Their
>> suggestion is that I download FIREFOX. However I have lost confidence
>> in them and so I am asking you all ......
>>
>> 1. Do you think that this is likely to solve the problem?    And 2.
>> If
>> not, have you any other ideas?
>>
>> Thank you in advance.
>>
>> Keith Mills
>

> Keith,
> I don't know if Firefox will solve your problem or not, but hey, it is
> free,
> it only takes a short while to install, and you get a great browser
> out of
> it anyway.
>
> Good luck with the broadcasts, keep us posted.
>

> Tony
> http://www.tonyjohansen.com
> A Life Of Art

Tony

I took your advice and downloaded Firefox. It has made no difference to
my problem. Perhaps I may repeat the problem in case someone else has a
solution.

Since I last asked, I have tried to listen to a range of radio stations
both in UK and France (including Radio France) and Canada. I regularly
get the same message:  "Cannot open this file. Verify that the path and
filename are correct and and try again."

I can listen to all BBC stations and those that come up on iTunes.

With thanks
Keith