[X-Newbies] installing tiger from DVD onto a clamshell ibook

Stephen Kenda sk at interlog.com
Mon Feb 20 11:52:43 PST 2006

Dear Reader,

I am new to X so need help. I have done some reading but still would
really appreciate some advice!

First off, Have you ever installed tiger from a DVD onto a clamshell
ibook. How did you do it?

 Secondly, How about a dual boot setup with Tiger and 9.2 on the
clamshell -- will that work? The clamshell has 320mb ram /20g hd.  It is
currently running panther on a single 20 g partition.

I was thinking to hook up an external usb 2 - DVD ROM player to the
Ibook's usb port. (I have the Lacie Usb 2 CDROM that works with the
ibook so i was thinking i could get a dvd rom player and swap out the
CDR.)
Then
1) I could boot the ibook with the ibook's CD player using a os 9.2
install CD or a jaguar CD that I own.
2) format and partition the ibook.
3) install os 9.2 on the first partition
4) install Tiger from the DVD onto the second partition

will that work?

TIA,

stephen