[X-Newbies] Intel Macs 64 bit????

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 08:36:12 PST 2006

Does anyone know if the new Intel Macs are 64 bit? When I was looking
for a new computer last spring, I decided on my G5 because it was the
only 64 bit model available in Jakarta. If I had wanted to purchase or
order a PC built, it would have had to have had an Intel chip as no
one in Jakarta would touch an AMD. They claimed that AMD chips have
heat issues. Anyway, at the time there were no Intel 64 bit offerings,
so I opted to go back to Mac despite Jobs' clone policy (no clone
flames, please).

Cheers,

Brian