[X-Newbies] downloading audio books

cy cybarb at mac.com
Thu Jan 19 16:36:09 PST 2006

Hello Listers,
Because of proprietary issues, I'm unable to download audio books from
a public library service for blind and otherwise visually handicapped.
The service uses OverDrive, which is not Mac compatible. So...my
question is: Has anyone had success using an emulator such as Virtual
PC to download and burn audio cd's?  I realize that I can download them
at a pc station, such as the local library, schlep them home to play on
any audio player, but that would cancel the convenience of downloading
at home for someone who cannot drive.

Cy Frankovich
10,3.9