[X-Newbies] Re: software updating

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Fri Jan 20 12:01:23 PST 2006

On Jan 17, 2006, at 8:22 PM, david_elmo wrote:

> Anyone else experience trouble of this kind in online updates? Any
> safer ways of doing it?

I feel safer downloading Apple's updates from their web site support
tab.  I like to see the whole package with a healthy looking icon on my
desktop.  Then I can open it and read about any options and do the
update offline at my leisure some time later.  Also, I have the package
on hand to archive for possible use later.

You are on dial-up.  Noisy line?  Maybe a glitch in the signal during
your online download/update process.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.