[X-Newbies] Printer, Network?'s

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Jan 20 21:48:55 PST 2006

K. Lalemand said:

>The Apple isn't the network model, so that's out.

The *only* "Apple LaserWriter II" that isn't a LocalTalk model (that is,
networkable) is the Apple LaserWriter IISC.  The IISC connects via SCSI
as the only option, so its easy to identify.

Unfortunately, the IISC is an orphan.  All of the other Apple LaserWriter
II models can be adapted to work with even the newest Mac, and networked.

>The HP, looks like it's the only one, and hooking it up to other older
>mac, it didn't print... So I'll spend the weekend looking it over.

That printer should work fine under OS 8 or OS 9 using the LaserWriter 8
driver that came with the Mac OS.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html