[X-Newbies] A real mess.....

Chris chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 23:14:21 PST 2006

On 24/1/06 Steven Rogers wrote:

>You won't be able to do this if the disk won't mount. If the
>directory information is hosed, and Disk Warrior won't fix it, then
>you're probably out of luck. It never hurts to try all the possible
>tools once you have nothing to loose.

In my case the disk wouldn't mount but could be seen from a firewire
disk.  Hmm, I suppose in that case it *would* mount but not under its
own steam. :-)  Either way the problem was similar to the one described,
although I was able to start from the CD and reinstall the system.
Never did find out what was wrong or what caused it.

cheers,

Chris