[X-Newbies] "Tiger" vs "Leopard" that is the question...

Lawrence Klinger zzippy at cox.net
Wed Jul 5 17:10:16 PDT 2006

On 7/5/06 10:27 AM, "Richard Ramsowr" <r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Currently I'm using a OS X (10.3.9) "Panther" on my
> 733 Mhz Power PC G4 "QuickSilver" with 1.5 GB of SDRAM
> and of late I've been thinking of jumping to "Tiger" -
> better later than never!
>
> But with "Leopard" just around the block and coming on
> strong wouldn't it better to hold off another 60 days
> or so and then for go "Tiger" for "Leopard"?

I'm a cautious "belt and suspenders" guy myself.  I like to wait until
Apple has had an opportunity to work the bugs out of a new OS
before buying it - usually right before the next version is due to come
out.  As an old codger, I don't use most of the goodies that come
with the new programs, anyway, but feel having a later version OS
makes my Mac more compatible with downloads I might import.

I'm running Panther 10.3.9 like you are, and plan to buy Tiger in
September or October.  I'm also running a clunky iMac with only
512 mg of SDRAM, and 80 GB HD, so gotta be a bit conservative
on what I import.  Still I think Tiger will work out okay, being that
the bugs are pretty well resolved by now.

Zippy