[X-Newbies] Re: "Tiger" vs "Leopard" that is the question...

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Jul 6 19:27:49 PDT 2006

> From: Richard Ramsowr <r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net>
> But with "Leopard" just around the block and coming on
> strong wouldn't it better to hold off another 60 days
> or so and then for go "Tiger" for "Leopard"?

Um, Mac OS X 10.5 (aka "Leopard") will NOT be available in "60 days
or so." It is presently scheduled for early 2007 (probably January/
Macworld SF).

Leopard will be TALKED ABOUT and SHOWN in some form at the WWDC in
August, but that's for developers (and others who can pony up the
$1,000+ for a ticket) only.

If you want Tiger, buy Tiger. Leopard, when released, is likely to
bring buckets of new features, and inevitably will "break" some
software/hardware for a short period. Now, if you're me, you don't
mind this and like being on the "bleeding edge." Most more sensible
people prefer to wait a few weeks/months for bugs to get ironed out
and software to get updated.

Cheers
Chas