[X-Newbies] Photoshop disappears

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 25 22:35:14 PDT 2006

I have already taken the bad icons from the dock because repairing
permissions has no effect on bad software that has turned into text
that can only be opened by BBEdit Lite..

The whole application has also lost it's icon and can't be clicked on
so they cannot be replaced.

I have repaired the disk itself with Disk Utility while booted from
the installer disk and the Permissions as well from the HD. (Each one
must be done from the DVD and then HD respectively)

I don't mind reinstalling Photoshop etc but I am worried there is
something else that is wrong I have missed.

I have also cleared my Spotlight by deleting the index by adding the
whole HD to the Privacy pane.

I can dump the Caches folder from the HD>Library(books)>Caches as
well as the Fonts in there, but I don't think that's the problem.

Will call ACPP tomorrow and ask if there might be anything else wrong.