[X-Newbies] OS X Jaguar on Wallstreet (PB G3).

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 11:44:47 PDT 2006

I just purchased a used PB G3 and found here
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=24604> that it is the
PB G3 model known as "Wallstreet". I am in the process of trying to
locate a larger ATA-5 compliant drive that supports transfer speeds of
up to 100 MB/sec and some  low profile DIMMs to expand RAM to 512 MB,
using in both slot.

Apple states that it supports Jaguar on the Wallstreet, but my
question is whether I can install Jaguar on a blank, formated (HFS+)
drive or whether I need to have OS 9.2.2 installed before I install
Jaguar. I have the original OS 9 install disk, so it isn't a practical
problem, I just would prefer to do without OS 9.

Anyone know if I can do without OS 9 and just install Jaguar?

Cheers,

Brian