[X-Newbies] Wondering...

Jamie Kahn Genet jamiekg at wizardling.geek.nz
Thu Jun 29 04:22:51 PDT 2006

Richard Ramsowr <r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Does anyone yet know if our G4 Quicksilver Mac is
> going to be able to work with and support the upcoming
> OS X 10.5 ÒLeopardÓ Series - Hopeful!
>
> Rich

I'd be surprised if it didn't. The G4 Quicksilver has USB, Firewire, a
fairly fast processor. I wouldn't be surprised if G3s are out of the
picture when Leopard arrives, but I'll be shocked if G4's won't meet
minimum requirements. I mean, would it make any sense to ignore all the
buyers of G4 iBooks and Powerbooks? They were still on sale just a short
while ago. The G4 Quicksilver desktop can be upgraded so it runs even
faster. No, I'd say you're quite safe so long as you've heaps of RAM, a
big HD, etc.

Regards,
 Jamie Kahn Genet