[X-Newbies] Tiger Update from Panther

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Tue Mar 7 12:04:37 PST 2006

On Mar 7, 2006, at 8:55 AM, Mike Binstock wrote:

> I am thinking of upgrading to Tiger from Panther on my
> Emac G4 with 700+ memory.  I hear Tiger is faster but
> I am very happy with Panther, my question is should I
> take the next step? With the new intel :( machines is
> there any need to keep my Emac up to speed with the
> current OS?

I have Panther on my G4/733 QuickSilver.  Yes, Tiger may be a bit
faster.  But I do not yet have a good reason to spend money for Tiger.
However, the new search capability, Spotlight, could become the trigger
reason to make the move.  By the way, I also have the latest iBook,
with Tiger 10.4.2 out of the factory.  I haven't seen anything that
tells me I need Tiger on the QuickSilver.

I don't think the new Intel Core machines have anything to do with this
discussion.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.