[X-Newbies] Re: OS 10.1.5 to Tiger(?) (now having difficulties starting up from bootable clone)

Daniel Carter abz at inch.com
Sat Mar 18 13:01:50 PST 2006

embarrassed to say that I've still not installed that blessed Tiger.
I finally got around to trying to back up by cloning my hard drive
(with Carbon Copy Cloner) to a Seagate firewire drive, but am unable
to start up from the clone. on startup the smiling face icon turns
into a kind of fractured folder, if I'm remembering correctly. the
system folder in the clone does not have X on it, as does the system
folder in my main internal drive. anyone know what the problem is?

thanks,
Daniel