[X-Newbies] ibook won't start

John Park jp at johnparkcomedy.com
Mon Mar 20 13:45:17 PST 2006

Hi,
I have a g4 powerbook that won't start.

I've used disk utility to repair the disk and repair permissions.

When I turn on the machine, the spinning bar circle spins around and
around but nothing happens.

I thought I could start the machine from the install disk by pressing C
at start up but the prompts I receive make me think that I'll end up
re-installing software on my computer as opposed to starting from a
system on the CD.

The machine will start from the install disc when I press C, but I've
only been able to get it as far as disk utility, other than that,and
like I said above it looks like the disc wants to install software on
the machine.

Any thoughts?  I don't own disk warrior, but I'm willing to buy it.
But Disk Utility says that everything has been repaired.

John