[X-Newbies] Printer Drivers

Robert MacLeay robertmacleay at mac.com
Thu Mar 23 20:31:44 PST 2006

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:04:26 +0000, Chris <chris at mymac.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to create a pdf ready to print at A1 size at a bureau.  My own
> printer is only A4 so the obvious way is to use a printer driver for an
> A1 printer - say an HP DesignJet and use that to save to pdf.
>
> Does anyone know if this will work, or are there any other ways of doing
> it?  I should add that I've tried creating a custom paper size but my A4
> printer just tells me it won't do it - even to save as pdf.
>
> cheers,
>
> chris

I have done this successfully with the Adobe PDF driver.

Note that it is necessary to do this only in Page Setup; choosing an actual
printer in the Print dialog is unnecessary.  In the Print dialog box, I
click the Preview button and save the file from within the Preview program.
--
Robert MacLeay
The original and only RMac at aol.com
"Accept no substitutes"