[X-Newbies] suddenly sick iMacG5

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Sun May 28 19:30:34 PDT 2006

I had been given a stubborn laptop to work on because it  would
freeze on startup or just for no reason at all while sitting.

Seems that once I cleaned out a certain font folder and cache folder,
the machine was glorious.

There are several caches and font folders, so you must be careful
which...
Not only did this stop the startup freeze, but the machine ran a lot
faster.
It was messed up from the box...

If you have AppleCare, call them and ask which fonts and caches you
can trash. You won't believe the difference it makes. I don't want to
be the one to tell you which ones - maybe someone else can. But most
people don't know that this can be done so it might be something to
look into.