[X-Newbies] Retrieving data from PowerBook 1400.

Robert MacLeay robertmacleay at mac.com
Tue May 30 10:51:36 PDT 2006

It seems like the complications of the transfer are escalating out of
control.

I would extract the hard disk from the PowerBook and install it in a working
one (any 'Book, 190 or newer). Then use target disk mode to bring it into
your G5. They are dirt cheap if you can find a local one where you needn't
pay shipping.

Alternately, buy an empty FireWire or USB pocket drive to put your old HD
into. It's always useful to have one around for large transfers.

On 5/30/06 9:46 AM, "Brian Durant" <globetrotterdk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a PowerBook 1400/cs that I have retrieved most of my data from,
> but would like to retrieve the rest. Here is the scenario:

Snip