[X-Newbies]

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Nov 5 11:17:32 PST 2006

Steven Rogers said:

>If the question is "what can I safely trash": you can probably get by
>OK by not trashing anything except Applications that you installed
>and now want to loose, and things in your own user area, like your
>Documents, Music, Movies, etc. folders.

MacFixIt has an interesting article in this regard.  If you are
interested, you should read the article before the end of today (Sunday)
because the article is likely to be gone by Monday.

"Increasing performance by quitting remnant or unnecessary system
processes"
http://www.macfixit.com

Basically the article says that remnants of previously uninstalled
programs may be using CPU time and may eventually slow your computer
significantly.

Randy B. Singer

Co-Author of:
The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th and 6th editions)

OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html