[X-Newbies] DiskWarrior recovery help.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 14:38:20 PST 2006

On 11/19/06, Steven Rogers <srogers1 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2006, at 3:06 PM, Brian Durant wrote:
>
> When you mount the file system, you may have to give it a -w to make it
> read/write (check out the man pages on mount for your system). You can try
> out that part by just attempting to copy some ordinary file, like a text
> file that you
> created in Xubuntu, just to make sure that you can write to that
> partition.

Unfortunately, while  I see your  -w command in the man pages, I  don't
understand  much of what the man page has to say on the matter.  When I run
'sudo mount -w hfsplus /dev/sdb3 /mnt/osx' in the terminal, I get a prompt
with possible commands in mount. I have tried to it the partition in
/etc/fstab as well, but that doesn't seem to help either. Or is this about
'sudo mount -w hfsplus /dev/sdc12 /mnt/osx2'???

You have to also specify what owner you're changing it to, in
> addition to the file path. But don't worry about that. "sudo cp" is
> giving you access to the files without changing the owner - you just
> need write access to the target location.

I can't copy any file from Xubuntu /dev/sda to /dev/sdc12 either. I'm
getting really confused here :-(

Cheers,

Brian