[X-Newbies] Re: Your message to X-Newbies awaits moderator approval

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Tue Nov 21 10:32:41 PST 2006

At 5:00 PM +0100, 11/21/06, Brian Durant wrote:

>So far you have neither addressed the issue of bloated list owner
>content in every message (as has been posted a number of times
>earlier) nor have you explained how I or anyone else on the list can
>be certain that their messages don't get withheld until further review
>by the moderator.

Trim messages.
No HTML.

You can be assured of immediate posting and you won't wait for up to
54 minutes. Do note though that the list owner has no control over
the mail servers that your mail may pass through. I've often seen the
case where large ISPs such as SBC and Cox have delayed standard email
for over an hour.

>Maybe cutting down on some of the extraneous list
>owner content would decrease the server load.

With the list being a free service, I would not expect that the list
owner will cut back on the owner content in an effort to make it
easier for those that do not want to trim or want to stubbornly use
HTML.
--

Robert Ameeti

Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next.
- Franklin P. Jones