[X-Newbies] Temp files

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 12:29:14 PST 2006

On Nov 25, 2006, at 12:14 PM, Peter Saint James wrote:

> Somewhere on OS X there must be a folder for temp files. I can't
> find it. Anyone know where it is?

There is the traditional UNIX /tmp directory which on the Mac, for
reasons I won't go into here, is actually a link to /private/tmp.
There is also /var/tmp which preserves files across reboots. Neither
is visible from the Finder. (There may be ways to get around that, but
I'm not familiar with them. Searching on macupdate.com for "invisible"
will probably turn up something.)

Phil
--
"The tragedy of our day is the climate of fear in which we live and
fear breeds repression. Too often, sinister threats to the Bill of