[X-Newbies] Computer icon on desktop.

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Wed Oct 11 07:42:18 PDT 2006

On Oct 11, 2006, at 9:59 AM, Brian Durant wrote:

> Anyone know of a way to add a computer icon to the OS X desktop? I
> have checked both Finder and System prefs with no luck. I am using
> Tiger 10.4.8 on a G5 single.

Hello Brian:

What icon do you mean?  I move some by dragging.  Some I can copy and
drag.  Some show up after downloading software.  In Mail, I can make
attachment icons appear.  When I create a document in word processing,
I can save it to the Desktop.  But if I drag an icon from the Dock or
the Sidebar, it just goes up in smoke.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.