[X-Newbies] E-mail from Desktop G4 to iBook G4

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Wed Oct 11 08:47:54 PDT 2006

Our QuickSilver G4/733 MHz is running Panther, Mail 1.3.11.  This is
where we take care of our POP mail with the ISP, cox.net.
Occasionally, I want to transfer all mail folders to my iBook G4/1.33
GHz  running Tiger, Mail 2.0.2, for a trip.

On the iBook, an I simply remove the folder at:  (home)>Library>Mail
and then replace it with a copy of the folder from the QuickSilver at:
  (home)>Library>Mail ?

Would the names of the "homes" need to be identical?

Where the Tiger mail folder has extra items in it, would these be
automaticaly regenerated when I start up Mail?  These extra items are:
Envelope Index
MessageRules.plist
MessageRules.plist.backup
OpenedAttachments.plist
Signatures (folder)
SmartMailboxes.plist

If the above would not work, should I just use File, Import Mailboxes
in Tiger Mail?  Then, I think I'd have to slowly rearrange the newly
arrived folders to replace the old folders.

Thanks,

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.