[X-Newbies] Looking for a bargain-basement laptop solution...

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Oct 22 12:00:01 PDT 2006

Richard Ramsowr said:

>IÕm looking for a bargain-basement laptop solution
>what will run iWorks, NeoOffice and Tiger. I need one
>for sales presentations using iWorks 6 (KeyNote),
>NeoOffice and hopefully Tiger.
>I could use some good input please and Thanks

Okay, you need to be able to run OS X to run iWorks and Tiger.  You
should be able to run OS X just fine on any Mac that has at least a
400Mhz G3 PowerPC processor.  You can run Tiger if you purchase it and
then send in the disks to Apple and exchange the DVD disk for CD-ROM
disks.

Have a look at:

http://www.baucomcomputers.com/

There are a couple of very inexpensive used laptops that fill the bill.

Randy B. Singer

Co-Author of:
The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th and 6th editions)

OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html