[X-Newbies] upgrading an ibook g3

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Fri Apr 6 08:37:22 PDT 2007

On Mar 30, 2007, at 9:10 AM, arturo oropeza wrote:

> Hi, I have never do this , to be honest is the first time I have a
> mac.
> Does anyone knows where I can find a tutorial to do an upgrade of
> my ibook g3 version 10.39 to 10.45 or something near to that version.
> I have never do this , to be honest is the first time I have a mac.

You would have to purchase 10.4 ( http://www.apple.com/macosx/
tiger/ ) to get from 10.3.x to 10.4.x - but I would just wait for
10.5 ( http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/ ) which should be out
really soon now (May - June-ish).

Installing it is super easy, and rarely causes any problems. To get
the latest updates for the OS you have, pick "Software Updates" from
the Apple menu. This also very rarely causes any issues for an
average user, so you don't have to constantly ride herd on all
updates to prevent this or that thing from blowing up.

SR