[X-Newbies] CanoScan Lide 70 og OS X.

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 2 00:56:35 PST 2007

On Feb 2, 2007, at 9:34 AM, Alec McKenzie wrote:

>> I have a problem with a CanoScan Lide 70 scanner that I purchased a
>> couple of days ago. None of the buttons on the scanner seem to be
>> able
>> to interact with OS X. If I do things manually through the "toolbox"
>> app, everything works fine.
>
> I have a CanoScan Lide 70 scanner, using OS X 10.4.8. The buttons
> on the scanner work fine, though they do take a second or so to
> respond. With the buttons on the toolbox the response is almost
> instantaneous.

I've removed the button manager, since with previous Canon LIDE
scanners they used tons of CPU time. But you may need to set them
once from the Toolbox program to get them to work. And you need to
restart after you install the software (in case you haven't).

Kirk
               Co-author of: Mastering Mac OS X - Tiger Edition
                    http://www.mcelhearn.com/tiger.html