[X-Newbies] mp3 player

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Wed Feb 28 20:22:59 PST 2007

At 21:08 -0700 28/2/07, Robert Green wrote:
>I got a new imac intel core 2 duo and I am trying to put music from
>itunes onto my mp3 player. It is loaded with music from my previous
>G4 emac and itunes. When I plug it in with the usb cable it does't
>show up on the desk top. I tried it from both the keyboard and
>computer usb ports. The computer doesn't seem to know it is there.
>Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing.
>
>Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff:

Robert,

Don't use the keyboard USB port.

Have you fully updated the iMac (I seem to recall that some of the
patches for 10.4.x were for improved USB support).
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

ON MODERNISM
Q: How many surrealists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Two.  One to hold the giraffe and the other to fill the bathtub with
brightly colored machine tools.