[X-Newbies] inappropriate screensaver activity

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 11 07:38:41 PST 2007

	When I watch a movie in iMovie or Quick Time, the screen saver will
come on.   Obviously the computer does not count watching a movie as
"activity."

	I know I can simply go to System Preferences and turn the screen
saver off, but it seems to me that this is not right.  One is
supposed to be able to do things like watch a movie on the computer,
so it seems the system should accommodate it rather than fight
against it.

	Is something malfunctioning here?  Is there a way to make the
computer recognize watching a movie as an activity and not do things
like turn on the screen saver?

	I'm using an Al Powerbook running Tiger.

							Peter