[X-Newbies] Weird Tiger system behavior with iLife DVDs.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 00:44:38 PST 2007

I have been in the process of reconstructing my data and reinstalling
software after a catastrophic hard disc failure. In that connection, I
have banged my head against a conundrum that I am sure will be a real
brain teaser for the list:

I have a G5 PPC single (PowerMac 9.1) running Tiger (10.4.8). My
system consistently rejects iLife '06 install DVD's. The system is a
clean install on a different HD than the one that experienced the HD
failure. iWork install DVD's work fine, as well as other data DVD's
such as DiskWarrior, Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac, etc. It is only
the iLife DVD that doesn't work. I have even managed to finagle my way
to get Apple here in Denmark to send me a new iLife install DVD on the
out chance that it was the DVD that was damaged. Still no luck. The
new iLife '06 DVD is rejected by the system as well. I never had this
problem when I first installed iLife on my original HD last year.

What the #*%! is going on??? Is there a solution? Has anyone come
across anything as weird as this before?

Cheers,

Brian