[X-Newbies] System pref icons gone.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 06:26:52 PST 2007

Yeah, it is weird. I don't have Flip4Mac at this time. I first noticed
this issue in connection with creating backup clones (Intego) to
another HD and Personal Backup X4 not being able to finish. This
problem seemed to get sorted out after having run DiskWarrior 4 and
Onyx.

I did notice that the support reply on the issue included the following:

"...An iTunes update is known to cause this problem. You might try to
update to latest version of iTunes.

You can also disable permissions verification by creating a custom
script, and unchecking the box on Clone Options pane."

I don't know if that provides any clues.

Brian