[X-Newbies] Re: Animated gifs in Mail

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Jan 25 10:36:09 PST 2007

>From: Graham Pugh <grahamta.pugh at virgin.net>
>
>Why can I can see animated .gif attachments when I read my e-mail with
>Thunderbird but not with Apple's Mail (v2.1).?
>
>I have tried looking at Mail's prefs. to see if I can animate
>attachments in Mail, no luck.

This is a HUGE blessing you have there! I absolutely HATE animated gifs in email. They are stupid, take up space, serve no purpose and if there is EVER a virus written for Mac OS X, it will be delivered via these evil and innocuous demons.

That said, I see animated gifs in my Mail from time to time, so they ARE supposed to work. Just be glad they don't on your machine.

Cheers
Chas