[X-Newbies] Printers for OS 9/USB?

Scott scott-xlists at scotist.com
Wed Jun 13 21:46:58 PDT 2007

On Jun 13, 2007, at 7:34 PM, J wrote:

> I have new printers in the box for serial Macs (2500s etc)
> I have USB printers for my X machines
>
> But I have ONE printer that will work with USB OS 9 computers that
> cannot run X
>
> Is there such an animal left to buy as many of my people don't
> still want to go with X because they would have to buy a whole new
> computer yet their printers are dying....
>
> Yes I have suggested they just get a new computer but that doesn't
> always fly with the older set.

You have one printer, or you're looking for one printer?

I had to source an OS9 USB printer last year for a client. We ended
up going with an Epson R200. It has drivers for OS 9 and OS X. It's
no longer available in stores, so I ended up finding a new in box
unit on eBay for $110 including shipping. This was back in September.

You may find it listed on various online stores. You might want to
call before ordering, as at least some of them are not well
maintained. Don't bother ordering from Legend Micro, btw. I went down
a two-day dead-end ordering from them (112 inc. shipping). The site
said they had it in stock, but two days later I received email
stating it was 'backordered'.

Despite following the instructions in the email, replying to cancel
the order, I am still to this day receiving "your order is back-
ordered" emails from them.

--
Scott