[X-Newbies] Set 'All Windows' and other view options via AppleScript.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 05:54:33 PDT 2007

Scott Buntin posted the AppleScript below, to the list in response to
a question I had last October. What has frustrated me with OS X in
this connection is that there appears to be no way that Finder window
options can be applied universally. Is there a way to change the
original script so that the same size is applied to all windows?

-- -----------------------
tell application "Finder"
       activate
       make new Finder window
       set target of Finder window 1 to computer container
       set sidebar width of Finder window 1 to 0
       set toolbar visible of Finder window 1 to true
end tell

I found the following script at <http://www.macosxhints.com/index.php?page=5>

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to follow the KISS principle, thus
making it very difficult for an AppleScript novice like me to cut it
down to the essentials.

Scott, if you are out there, or if anyone else has any input on this
issue, I would appreciate it.

Cheers,

Brian