[X-Newbies]

Kurt Streeter kurt.streeter at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 24 08:36:59 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm running a Dual Core 2GHz 17" iMac, and have the 160GB master
drive in two partitions (60GB for OSX 10.4.10 and 100GB which was
originally used for Windows XP via BootCamp). I have since decided
not to run XP on this machine, and want to format the partition to be
used for file storage, etc.

My problem is that Disk Utility is not recognizing the drive as
formattable (presumably because it was formatted as a FAT32 partition
by BootCamp). Please let me know how I get my system to format the
partition as a Mac based (usable) drive.

Looking forward to your response.

Cheers,
Kurt