[X-Newbies] an eMail Question...

Robert MacLeay robertmacleay at mac.com
Thu May 10 13:24:06 PDT 2007

On 5/10/07 1:47 PM, "Richard Ramsowr" <r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I always thought one could drag an image on to the
> eMail "open space" i.e the space I writing on as I
> type this on...
>
> In other words, in this application I don't wish to
> attach the image just mount it...
>
> As for the other question, I was was hoping to move
> over to Apple's Mail - I'v tired of yahoo's solution

I suspect that you are confusing two entirely different processes:
your email service and your email client software.  The service part is the
infrastructure which handles receiving your messages and forwarding them to
others, and, of course, vice versa.  The client software is what sits on
your Mac and you use to compose, send, and receive emails.  You can, to a
degree, mix and match the two.

Your current setup:
email service = yahoo mail; email client = a web browser(?).

Apple bundles an email client named Mail with OS X, but they do not offer an
email service.*  To use Mail, you must find an email service compatible with
Mail.  There are a bunch out there, free and otherwise.  You may have this
service available through SBC, or if they are cheap bastards, maybe not.

Now we get to the part where others will have to step in.  I use neither
Yahoo mail nor Apple's Mail, and I use Comcast as my ISP, so I can offer no
advice.  Yahoo may or may not work with Mail; you will have to ask.

*Actually, they do, but it's not free; it's part of the $99 per year dot Mac
package.