[X-Newbies] Re: an eMail Question...

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat May 12 01:41:44 PDT 2007

> From: Richard Ramsowr <r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net>
> I've got a question on about composing an eMail...
>
> I currently using AT&T /Yahoo Mail alone with AT&T as
> my DSL provider...

I interpret this as "I do not currently use a real email program for
my email, and instead read my email via a web browser using Yahoo
Mail's webpage."

Is that correct?

> I"m trying to embed (thank that's the correct term) a
> doc image into the body of  the eMail i.e when a
> person open the email they should see a view of my
> letterhead with text, a photo and/or other images that
> I might embed in the body of the eMail.
>
> How do I go about do this?

You're not. What you want is impossible given your situation.

The next version of Mail will have some lovely HTML templates that
you can simply drag-and-drop (or copy/paste) your text and photos et
al into which produces a result exactly like you describe.

Another possibility is to design a page to your liking in a layout
program (like, for example, InDesign or Print Shop) and then save it
as a PDF or image file (JPG, TIF, etc). Then attach (not embed) the
PDF or image file AS your message in a real email program (such as
Mail or Entourage). The recipient (at least if they're on a Mac) will
see the image as the body of your email.

But of course you are not presently using a real email program (if I
understand you correctly), so neither of these options are available
to you.

> While I'm at it does anyone know how I can turn off
> yahoo's mail service in favor of Apple's Mail?

I interpret this as "I would like to receive my email in Apple's Mail
program instead of through Yahoo's web page. How can I do that?"

If I interpreted you correctly, the answer is "pay Yahoo $20."

Then they will allow you to set up a POP account in your email
program that can access your Yahoo mail.