[X-Newbies] known issue with .biz email address?

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sat May 12 08:02:25 PDT 2007

Then yes, there's an issue with the administrator at juggler.com
seeing .biz as spam. That's a stupid approach to handling spam, IMO,
but that doesn't really matter. Every domain is used to originate
spam. The question is not whether a domain is "spammy" (as if that
meant anything) but whether you expect to get legitimate mail from
that domain. Many people could dump some country-specific domains
like .kr, but generally throwing out all mail from a domain is not a
solution. You might try saying "I'm not a spammer, and I have a .biz
domain - what about that?".

But in any case, it's unlikely that you'll be able to talk the admin
out of his current approach. If you want to send them email, send it
from a yahoo or hotmail account - one of those domains that is so
well known for being spam free.

SR