[X-Newbies] Re: Backing Up Files

Christopher Collins maclist at analogdigital.com.au
Sun Jun 29 21:17:03 PDT 2008

Thanks Charles.

There are 2 problems with your suggestion. Cost and availability.

rsync is available on all UNIX's and is free.

Why would I want to pay $24 for something that I can make happen so
easily?

1). Create a batch file to do what you need.
2). Create a scheduled task to make the file happen at the time you
want.
3). Simple, easy and cheap!

There is no advantage to me or the client to go and spend $24 to do
what can be done easily with a simple batch file (or the equivalent
under unix)

And the sarcastic comment wasn't needed. Command lines were around
long before Mac OS and will be here long after it is gone.

cjc