[X-Newbies] Can't connect to internet?

Mark Taintor markwt at mac.com
Thu Oct 9 05:50:45 PDT 2008

My son's Macbook running X.4.11 can no longer connect to the wireless
network in our house. Running the network diagnostics from within
Safari, he gets the following message:

Cannot find server
This computer appears to have a working internet connection but cannot
find "Livepage.apple.com". You may have typed the address incorrectly.

No other pages will load either.

Going into System Preferences->Network, it says that the computer is
connected to the internet via Airport.

Any ideas of what's going on with his machine? He's repaired
permissions, run the maintenance scripts. Any other ideas to try?
Thanks,
Mark