[X-Newbies] Apple Mail Server Question

Clive Read cliver at mercuryin.es
Sat Oct 18 21:33:06 PDT 2008

On Oct 19, 2008, at 3:54 AM, Thomas McDermott wrote:

> Good evening,
> 	I was wondering if someone could explain something to me regarding
> how the Mail program handles deleting mail from my server.

I had to abandon leaving mail on my server (mercuryin.es) because the
server would eat it's own messages, and next time I autochecked for
mail, it would match my laptop to itself, and delete messages without
any authority.  I now divert all messages to mercury at cliveread.com
(that is hosted by hostmonster.com) and autocollect from there. I have
had no problems with that arrangement.

THANKS for a constant source of info

Clive (in Spain)