[X-Newbies] Time Machine

Malcolm Cornelius malcolm at fireflyuk.net
Sun Sep 28 04:32:40 PDT 2008

On 28 Sep 2008, at 09:20, Brian Durant wrote:

> Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, I still have been unable to find
> out as to what exactly Time Machine can backup. From the info I have
> seen, it seems like everything, but I still can't seem to get a
> confirmation that TM backs everything up and restores everything,
> regardless of whether the non-Apple app is TM "aware" or not.

On the Apple page previous posted there is a link called

"Recovering your entire system"

So there is the answer.

TM can back everything up, individual apps don't use TM, you use TM
which BY DEFAULT backs up your entire system but you can select files
and folders not to back up.

--
Best wishes

Malcolm Cornelius - The Powerbook Fanatic
http://www.pbfanatic.co.uk