[X-Newbies] WHAT EXTERNAL MIC IS GOOD FOR A MACBOOK RUNNING LEOPARD?

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sat Jan 17 21:51:15 PST 2009

On Jan 15, 2009, at 9:07 PM, Buongiorne Robyn wrote:

> This is my second post. I am Gri from Alaska. I want to start
> recording for LIBRIVOX and wanted to know what is a good external
> mic to use with my Macbook running Leopard. I have never done this
> before so if anybody can give me prices, brands and how to's that
> wld be appreciated.

Have a look at:

http://www.macworld.com/article/52765/2006/09/usbmicrophones.html

http://www.davidleeking.com/2006/05/17/better-microphones-for-
podcasting/

http://www.macspeech.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=212

A slightly more expensive option, with more upside:

The Griffin iMic ($50) allows you to use any microphone that you like
with your Macintosh (which means that you can use any studio-quality
professional microphone on the market):
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic/

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance