[X-Newbies] Time Machine in LIMBO

John Kiss john.kiss at comcast.net
Sun Jan 18 09:59:35 PST 2009

On Jan 18, 2009, at 12:48 PM, Clive Read wrote:

> Currently the anti-clock has been turning for 10 minutes, yet still
> 0 back-up.
>
> Has anyone any idea of what I have done wrong, and how I can rectify
> the problem? TIA

I would let it run its course, especially if you haven't had Time
Machine running the last few days or have done some major changes.

Whenever I turn off Time Machine and don't let it do its thing, the
next time I turn it on it takes hours for it to "catch" up. It churns
away but eventually does finish. The last time it took about 10 hours
to finish the job backing up about 220GB.