[X-Newbies] Re: Out of memory message in OS X of all the darndest things!

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 6 16:24:42 PDT 2009

Yeah well, I'll take your word for it.

Last time I was in the store helping someone buy a Mac, they told me
not to use Appleworks on it because
it was Intel, OS 10.5, etc... but then while we were playing around,
I pointed out to my friend that they must be full of it
because we saw that Appleworks was installed on every computer there!

So I don't know why they said that.

I do have Appleworks + the updater, which I have saved.

For some reason Office X (2008 .docx version) is the most bloated
slow thing, I cringe when people send me stuff to open in it..
God how I hate it.. but.. when you are collaborating you must at
times use it.

For my own text lists of emails, alphabetizing, etc, I prefer
Appleworks so light and fast..... <sigh>