[X-Newbies] Re: Re: Out of memory message in OS X of all the darndest things!

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue Jul 7 04:09:21 PDT 2009

> From: Jon Warms <jwarms at mac.com>
>
> It will also run in Snow Leopard, because all it will need then is
> Rosetta (which, you'll recall, allows PowerPC code to run on an Intel
> processor.)

This is probably incorrect. We will have to wait until September to
know for sure (without someone breaking an NDA), but Appleworks'
outdated Carbon structure is probably not supported in Snow Leopard at
all, even using Rosetta.

I would be quite surprised to see AppleWorks run under Snow Leopard,
given that it was last upgraded more than eight years ago.

But AppleWorks does run (with several known bugs) under Leopard.

Cheers
Chas

My 80s music podcast!
http://www.crustyoldwave.com