[X-Newbies] Key Board Errors

Carole Wessel carwesg at aol.com
Wed Jun 10 01:50:36 PDT 2009

HI Paul,

I think it's something very simple, you need to change the language
of the keyboard. I think you are on the AZERTY keyboard (French).  It
happend to me a few times a while ago, it used to move "on its own"
to that keyboard.

Go to the top right of your screen, to the left of the clock, you'll
see a flag (hopefully the U.S. flag).  Click on it, and hold and see
if the check mark is next to "U.S." or U.S. Extended". If not, click
on it and the U.S. keyboard will be in use.

It it's another flag, click on "Open international" (last one of the
flag menu). Scroll down and check "ON" U.S. or U.S. Extended. Check
OFF all the others.

You should be fine.
Best,

Carole